Tuesday, June 05, 2007

PGS Is Open Early For Christmas!


We'd like to remind everybody that PGS is still open to short-story submissions.

Please feel free to send in your work to us. You can refer to this link to read our guidelines and see what we're looking for. Or better yet, pick up a copy of the issues already out in the market and read the types of stories PGS accepts. You can also check out this link for the proper manuscript format that we prefer to read your stories in.

In fact, we're planning a Christmas theme for the 2007 December issue!

Send us a Christmas-themed genre story for the 2007 Yuletide season. Consider it a challenge to write a horror, crime, suspense, humor, fantasy, alternate-history, sci-fi, speculative, ghost, romance, or mystery tale around the Yuletide season. Just to put some additional seed to thought: how would you weave the usual traditions we see, hear, and experience around Christmas into a genre story? You can use the holiday setting and place a crime in a department store at the height of Christmas rush for a detective story, for example, or you can even turn this on its head and place the crime in Santa's workshop ("Ho Ho...Hey! Who stole all the toys?") where the Detective who has to solve it is some diminutive, smart-aleck elf, or perhaps some sentient P.I. doll. Or how about: what would zombies eat for noche buena?

Well, you get the idea, I hope, and all the mixes and matches of ideas for a genre Christmas story--both merry and bright, and not so--are there. But of course, it's the writing and treatment of the author that will make the story worth the time for the reader.

Deadline is October 5, 2007.

Thanks, happy writing, and um, Merry Christmas!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi PGS! I heard your interview at Mellow 94.7 today and got interested. I'm glad someone finally got up to the challenge to publish genre stories here. I believe there is a big need for genre stories here. At least now, I don't have to rely on US and UK authors to satisfy my genre cravings! As I said, I got so excited that I checked out your site and saw that you're still accepting short stories for the 2007 December issue. I read the whole post but I didn't see a deadline for submission of stories. So I'm asking when is the deadline for the December 2007 issue?

Thank you and I sincerely hope that everything turns out well. I do agree that story writing is a work of passion and art, a labor of love and for most, money comes second...like a fringe benefit if you reach celebrity status like Nora Roberts, Danielle Steel, Sidney Sheldon, Stephen King, Anne Rice, etc.

More power to you guys!

7:13 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Thanks, Mary Grace! Your comment is very encouraging. Hope you enjoy the issues that are out there. Feel free to make comments about the stories to the authors too.

You're right! I forgot about the deadline. It's Oct. 5. That's about three-and-a-half months away, should be enough time.

Thanks very much!

7:32 PM  
Blogger rejjventress said...

hi! this is Rej Layug, editor of the New Worlds website. May we post about this? I'll link back to your site, of course. And maybe you can inquire about selling copies at Fandom Cafe. :)

-- rej layug
rejjventress@gmail.com

5:07 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi Rej! Please feel free to post about this at the New Worlds website, and to link back to the PGS blog. In fact, I'm very grateful for your offer.

How do I go about inquiring how to sell this at Fandom Cafe?

I'll email you privately. Thanks again!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Zinegata said...

To the PGS:

I've just submitted my piece for the PGS December '07 edition last night. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I had fun writing it. :)

Thanks!

Thomas Ting

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home