Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Review...

...from The Fix. No use hiding since it's on the web. Not exactly a glowing endorsement for "House 1.0", but I can only learn from it, and I respect the reviewer's reading of the story. I'm more worried and disappointed with how this could reflect on The Town Drunk, that the story might've let them down or not stand well with their other submissions, but Editor-in-Chief Brit Marschalk assures me not to sweat it, and I'm glad she stands by the tale. She's told me--and I've also received my share of emails saying the same--that the story worked for a number of readers.

What did Exie Abola say back here? You want "honest" critique, no mincing of words, and I think I got that, with the reasons for the reviewer's comments stated firmly. So I think Exie got it right with regard to the proper attitude to take. Here's hoping "House 1.0" won't be my last sale.

2 Comments:

Blogger banzai cat said...

heh don't worry about it, kyu. jus one of the things one has to get used to, when being a writer.

don't worry about it: just keep on writing and improving. ;-)

5:47 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi Banzai Cat. Don't worry :). I think I understand where the reviewer is coming from, in any case... Thanks!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home