Saturday, December 08, 2007

Update On Andre

I received another email from Ma. Aileen M. Ramon about Andre Medina:
"To the dearest friends of Andre,

Good day to all of you.

The Medina family would like to once more express our deepest gratitude to everyone who have shown such generosity and support towards Andre's unfortunate accident. We were so overwhelmed by the messages we receive everyday as well as the people who would come and visit. It was not to our knowledge that my brother had so many loving friends. In some ways, it helps us as well to cope through this crisis

As for my brother, I am sorry to say that his condition has gone from bad to worse. His organs are failing him due apparently to the trauma. So far, the additional instruments along with an increase to his medication are able to help him be in a much more controlled status. So far, all the doctors can give us is the assurance that as long nothing else happens, they can isolate the problem and hopefully "guide" Andre's body into recovery. I do apologize for the unfortunate news and that if it seems I am being too melodramatic even for my own good. Honestly the pressure and fear has taken its toll on all of us here. But nonetheless, we know that we need to be strong for Andre and remain in faith that this is just one last obstacle to cross. Personally, I take solace in knowing that Andre can very be stubborn and head-strong at times to believe that something like this would not stop him from living his life...which from what I have seen from all of you, his friends, is nothing short of an amazing...funny even at times but an exciting and fruitful one. There is a song, Feelin' Alright, which I had noticed Andre's been in frequency to listening whenever he seemed down and out. This is the same song that gets some sort of reaction whenever we play it next to him. Seeing how uncertain things are, I just feel like sharing this to all of you...at least as a reminder that things will get better. And that Andre in his own high-fidelity-geeky way, is going to listen to this song even more in the years to come. We will continue to read your letters to him everyday. I am sure that as soon as he's up and ready, he would wish to speak or at least write to each and everyone of you. Again, thank you to all and we do hope to hear from you some more as my brother goes through his healing process. God Bless all of you. Sincerely yours, Ma. Aileen M. Ramon (mmedinaramon(at)aol(dot)com)"


Those of you who know Andre, who've met him briefly, or maybe even those of you who don't know him, please do drop a line of encouragement at the above email address. To repeat, Andre is the artist who has done the covers for PGS1, 2, and 3. I'm sure he'd like to hear from you. Based on the emails, I believe he can still sense what is being read to him, and that can only help in his recovery. Much thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home