Friday, February 15, 2008

Beam Me Up?

The Bibliophile Stalker sent this in: Teleportation and Wormholes: The Science of 'Jumper'. It's an article that talks about the science behind teleportation, without breaking any laws of physics. A quote from the article's end:

"Tegmark said he does hope 'Jumper' gets people 'more psyched about science. I think a lot of scientists today went into science after they got fired up by science fiction. It's good for scientists to watch sci-fi, as it forces you to ask deep questions about the nature of reality. You don't want to just find the right answers, but to ask the right questions too, and sci-fi can trigger great questions.'"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, sir, when I saw the trailer to the Jumper movie in the hospital...a part of me sunk really bad. I felt like a terrible fraud.

Since then I've realized that the movie's concept is different from the ones I used. Still, it makes me sad that I'm the last one to realize that it's been done before.

I guess it must be my fault, for not having read more scifi books.

EK 8 )

8:35 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi EK. If I may quote what Vin Simbulan once told his class at Xavier: there really are no new stories, it all is in the author's rendering.

I can imagine some disagreeing with what he said, but in your case, it seems to be true. :) So...it's all in the rendering.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home