Monday, March 03, 2008

A Couple Of Reasons Why PGS Was Published




These are not the only reasons, but they're certainly major ones. I've received a number of emails and letters in text- and chat-speak that only succeeded in making me dizzy. There's a place for text- and chat-speak I think, and that's on SMS, but outside of that, when you have to write reports and formal correspondence, then please ditch the text-speak and observe proper spelling! At least the writer of the letter from the newspaper clipping tried her best, and didn't use text-speak, but think of how much more witty acid she could've poured into her letter if she had been a reader. In any case, I hope these two images amused you for a while.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

It's a good thing you don't work at my place... all the emails are in text speak!

11:28 AM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Ack! Really? Well, I suppose if it's informal then it's fine. But if they are formal correspondence...oh, I don't know. Maybe I'm just being my usual old fuddy-duddy self. It seems to be the language of the younger generation, and they do understand each other. It's just that if something is written formally, text-speak just doesn't seem to cut it. Not now, not yet. Maybe another generation from now, it will.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

It's the mail that gets printed in our letter section. I have to edit them. =P

12:42 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Too bad. Extra work for you. Huwag kang mahilo at maduling!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home