Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Metropolis

As announced first here, Crystal Koo's story, "Metropolis", is now up over at East Of The Web. Here's the first paragraph:

"This is how you talk about a city you love. You talk about it as if it's the only place in the world where this story can happen."

I hope that's enough to entice you to read it. If not, here's more:

"Beijing was a little detour to keep off the hunger till we reached home. That is why we write stories of it so we won't forget. That is why my friend's story cannot have a happy ending.

If I had found a home in Beijing, where I am disguised by my skin, where I am a nameless unit in a sea of faces, where I am finally part of the majority until I speak and the accent reveals everything, I would have forgotten all my wonder.

Only a foreigner writes a Beijing story like this."

Go on, click the link, and read!

"The Scent of Spice" by Crystal Koo PGS2

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kenneth, your enthusiasm is so incredible. Thank you so much!!!

Crystal

9:58 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hey, Crystal. You're welcome! If anything new comes up on your end (like that possible trip to Australia in May) let me know.

Since our backgrounds are more or less the same, I related a lot to your story, and remembered my own visits to China as I read your text. But I'm sure no matter what the backgrounds of "Metropolis" readers are they'll enjoy the tale as much as I did.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home