Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sample Rainy Day Music

Pardon me while I step away from books and words in this post. The torrent outside has slackened to a gentle drizzle, and the gale has slowed to a pleasant breeze. As if on cue, my mp3 player, which is on shuffle, started playing Rickie Lee Jones' On Saturday Afternoons in 1963 (Rickie, in my opinion, is grossly underrated). So I'm taking a two-and-a-half minute break to listen to this song (and to blog about it) before it ends, before the downpour resumes, or the drizzle and the breeze stop and this moment is gone. It's not Saturday afternoon, and we're decades from 1963, but heck, we create our own here and now's that help us remember where we came from and to get through our days.



Okay, song's over. Back to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home