Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Enter 2009, And A Banned Words List

Like most everyone I know, I've been taking a break. Once Christmas was over I willed my mind and body to slow down and forget all worries and concerns. I think I'll be this way till January 4, 2009. For myself, I'm enjoying the time to just be able to crack open a book and read at length with nary an interruption. I've read 'Schulz And Peanuts', 'The Unbroken Web', 'Gods Behaving Badly', 'The Moorchild', and 'The Tales Of Beedle The Bard'; I'm also about to finish 'The Brief Wondrous Life Of Oscar Wao', and yes, I know I'm late to read it, but I'm going to start on 'Life Of Pi' next (or maybe I'll read Ian Fleming's 'You Only Live Twice' first before I get to Yann Martel's story). Quite productive. Come the 5th, it'll be time to face the grind again, but I think (I hope) I'll be ready for it.

I just want to blog and say Happy New Year to everyone, and here's hoping that 2009 will be much, much better for everyone!

I also found this article, "Banned Words List Offers No 'Bailout' To Offenders", which you may find amusing. For the people behind the list, words like 'maverick', 'green', and 'monkey' are way, way overused. Click on the link to read it, and enjoy a New Year's Eve chuckle. Interesting list, in contrast to the different Words Of The Year, which I blogged about earlier this year.

Happy New Year to everyone again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home