Friday, March 20, 2009

Cat Rambo On Rejection

Noted author and editor Cat Rambo blogs about the editor's side of story-rejection. An excerpt from her entry:

I also know as both writer and editor that thicksinnedness and persistence help a lot. In my pre-editor days, I had submitted at least four or five stories to Fantasy Magazine before they ever took one from me. I believe I'm on my 46th submission to The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction right now--but I'll still keep sending, because 1) I know I'm getting better with time, 2) I know that sometimes it's about having a story there at the right time and 3) I'll never get anything in there unless I try.

Click here to read her entire journal entry. It's worth reading. Twice, even thrice, over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home