Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Verb Noire -- Call For Submissions (YA Anthology)

Discovered via Bahay Talinhaga's Twitter: Verb Noire -- Call For Submissions (YA Anthology). An excerpt:

Right now I'm having a brain storm and so we're putting out a special call for submissions. In my head I'm imagining retellings of things like Anansi, Baba Yaga, American folktales (with an eye toward Spanish, Native American and/or African American focused stories), Chinese, Japanese, or Korean folktales. We'd also welcome other non-Eurocentric retellings (Middle Eastern, South American, Maori, etc.) of folk tales. Now, this isn't going to be an anthology of those original tales (though I do want copies of the source material so I can give the audience some background) instead I want to see them twisted.

Click here for more details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home