Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hanging Out With Some Pinoy Writers



Hanging out with writers pretty much guarantees witty and stimulating conversation. Had the good fortune of being invited to have coffee with the writers pictured above. I admit that what made it easier for me to go with them was that we all met at places near where I live; otherwise, I might've taken a rain-check. I'm lazy that way. ;-)

They're teasing me in the first two pics above (from left to right, that's The Dumavirus, The Grin Without A Cat, The Merchant Of Menace, and Beneath the Blue Suburban Skies--who blogged about our get-together also!). They're trying to choose between their own books and The PGS Horror issue. I mean...why the doubt? ;-)

The third pic was from last night, after a late dinner, beer, and coffee. I walked home not long after this shot was taken. The rest of them stayed on the streets (no, I didn't mean it that way); younger people have more energy than old folks like me. Note the night club in the background, because I think that may have been where they were headed afterward. ;-) From left to right: The Merchant Of Menace, The Dumavirus, The Grin Without A Cat, Trust Your Black Shirt (who blogged about last night here), and Rocket Kapre. We met at a place that, near the stroke of 10 p.m., turned into a club/techno/dance venue complete with flashing lights and strobes. Not easy on my old ears, unfortunately. Their coffee was pretty good, though; and the food was okay, and reasonably priced.

Till the next time! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home