Thursday, December 24, 2009

More "Avatar" Commentary

A friend on Facebook said that he found "Avatar" to be the kind of movie that generated the same kind of excitement and wonder as when he watched "Star Wars" and "The Lord of the Rings". Another friend said he found the story trite, the dialogue wooden, the characters two-dimensional, but the film was still one helluva visual feast. After my posting David Dizon's review, here are links to other comments about James Cameron's "Avatar":

Jigsaw Joker Joseph THE 3 J's review.

Does "Avatar" Contain Hidden Messages

"Avatar" and the American Man-Child

"Avatar" and the War of Genres


Well, just interesting comments, these, on a science-fiction movie that's pushing the bar on movie technical production.

4 Comments:

Anonymous macoy said...

"he found the story trite, the dialogue wooden, the characters two-dimensional, but the film was still one helluva visual feast"

you can say the same of star wars and LOTR...

1:58 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

@macoy: :)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Tarie Sabido said...

My younger brothers and cousin watched it here in Gensan. They said many people left the theater because they couldn't understand the story. Ooohkaaay.

But my brothers and cousin loved it. :o)

2:13 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

@Tarie: I haven't seen it yet, but I heard from those who have that the story's pretty straightforward. Ditto from reviews. So your brothers' report has left me scratching my head. :-/

But I'm glad they enjoyed it. Happy New Year!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home