Singapore Airlines Launches 380-Word Story-Writing Contest
Would you like to win a roundtrip ticket on Singapore Airlines’ (SIA) A380? If you have an interesting story to share about the last time you flew in SIA’s A380, this is your chance.
Singapore Airlines, in cooperation with the Philippine STAR, present “SIA A380 & Me” writing contest open to anyone who has traveled on SIA’s flagship superjumbo aircraft — the A380.
In a story-writing competition from March 14 to May 30 dubbed “SIA A380 & Me,” customers are invited to write about their experience onboard the most luxurious flight on the planet.
The challenge? Describe your A380 experience in no more than 380 words.
How do you begin to share the finest mode of travel you will ever experience thousands of feet up in the clouds? Do you explain the luxurious touches that rival top hotel accommodations? Do you focus on the scrumptious meals prepared by the best chefs and served on artful dishes, finely-crafted silverware and the crispest of linens? Would you be able to convey how attentive and friendly the flight attendants wait on your every need?The first prize winner gets a roundtrip economy class ticket to any of SIA’s seven A380 destination (Zurich, Paris, London, Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo or Hong Kong). The second prize winner gets a roundtrip economy class ticket to Sydney or Melbourne on the A380. And the third prize winner gets a roundtrip economy class ticket to Hongkong via Singapore on the A380. Eight consolation prize winners will receive other exciting prizes.
“Nothing compares to the luxury of traveling on Singapore Airlines’ A380. It is truly an experience to remember, and it is certainly a story worth sharing,” said SIA general manager Andrew Budiman. “Through ‘SIA A380 & Me’, we don’t only get to hear from our clients but we also get to share their stories with others who would like to know how it feels to be treated like royalty from the time you purchase your ticket till you step off the plane at your destination,” he added.
How to join:
1. To join, a participant must be a Philippine resident, must have taken a flight on the A380, indicate the date of their travel on the A380 and the destination.
2. All entries must be sent with the published contest coupon cut out from the Philippine STAR Lifestyle Section. These coupons will be printed thrice weekly until May 30.
3. Entries can either be mailed or dropped off in two areas: SIA Manila office 33rd floor LKG Tower Ayala Avenue Makati or the Philippine STAR, Classifinder, in Greenbelt 1, Makati.
4. The most unique and interesting experiences will be chosen by the panel of judges.
5. The winners will be notified by June 20, 2010.