Sunday, August 22, 2010

Seth Godin Will No Longer Publish Books The Traditional Way

When a well-known author of bestselling marketing books says that he will no longer publish books the traditional way, readers and publishers everywhere take notice. Seth Godin, after twelve traditional books, has declared, "I've decided not to publish any more books in the traditional way...I can reach 10 or 50 times as many people electronically. No, it's not 'better', but it's different. So while I'm not sure what format my writing will take, I'm not planning on it being the 1907 version of hardcover publishing any longer."

3 Comments:

Blogger Wilfred said...

I'm not into ebooks coz my eyes hurt in front of the monitor. It's quite sad that our traditional books could possibly disappear due to technology..

12:59 AM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

@Wilfred: The Kindle has technology to address that. They have what they call "epaper". The screen simulates the look of paper so that it doesn't feel like you're reading off a monitor, unlike, say, the iPad.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous buch veröffentlichen wie said...

Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home