Friday, December 30, 2011

PGS Online Call For Submissions And Reading Period

PGS Online will be open to fiction submissions by Pinoy writers for reading and consideration from January 1, 2012 to April 30, 2012.

1. Word count: 1,500 up to 8,000 words.

2. Preferred genres: Science fiction, fantasy, crime, mystery, horror, and all subgenres falling under these.

3. Keep in mind that PGS caters not only to adult readers, but also to minors. This is not to say that profanity, gore, violence, and sex will not be accepted in a story, but make sure that such is integral to the story and not just for its own sake. Otherwise, PGS is open to any type of story treatment.

4. Payment is P500.00 for an accepted piece.

5. Please follow standard manuscript format for short story submissions.

6. Email submissions as rtf or doc attachments to pdofsf(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Feel free to either write the above email address or leave a comment here if you have any questions. Thank you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I know that some people want unpublished works instead of those that have been published.

I'm a first-time writer and I'm actually thinking of passing a story. The story I want to pass is also the one that I want to pass to Palanca. I'm not being overconfident, but I just want to ask if this is allowed. If it's not, I'll be happy to try and work on another story instead for Palanca.

11:16 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi! It would be better to submit two different stories instead of the same story to both PGS and the Palancas. Thanks!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am an unpublished writer and I am interested in submitting my works. However, all of them are written using Filipino language so I am wondering if it is okay to submit my works now or should I wait for another time? Please advise me. Thanks a lot. :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

@Anonymous: Hi! I'm sorry, but PGS only takes in submissions in English for now. I do so very much want to accept submissions in Filipino, but I'm afraid I neither have the personal facility to do so, nor the funds to finance an editor who could.The fact that writers--and more importantly, readers--like you exist, makes this predicament all the more frustrating. Maybe one day I'll be able to do so, or perhaps someone else will have a publication that will accept submissions in Filipino. I'm truly sorry.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have several short stories but these were mostly posted in another online site for a tv program, can I still send these in as possible submissions for consideration?

8:43 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi. If these stories are online already, I'm afraid it's best not to submit them. Thanks.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home