Monday, September 10, 2007

A Reason To Hoo Hah!

I don't know if I am allowed to reveal the identities of the people involved, or the surrounding circumstances. I'm waiting for permission to be granted, and if it is, I'll update this entry, but for now, here's part of an email I received last September 8:
Hi,

I'm (name withheld), a Creative Writing junior in (school withheld). My professor used some of your stories from the mag to discuss our lessons in Fiction II and I wondered what sort of stories you look for to publish in the digest, since I would want to try my hand and submit a few things.

Thanks and more power!
PGS stories being discussed in a Fiction class! Hoo hah!

So I answered the sender, expressed my happiness, and asked for more details. Here's what I got in reply:
About the stories we discussed in class, our Professor made us read Beneath The Acacia by Celestine Marie G. Trinidad and The Final Interview by Sean Uy. Just last Thursday (Sep. 6, 2007) we discussed The Final Interview, and Beneath The Acacia's due for class discussion on Monday. We've exchanged lots of comments about the story by Sean Uy.

For the most part the class agreed that Mr. Uy can write well, but we also agreed that he should have used a specific of the dragon's power - that is, the power to assume human shape because it would have made for a more exciting plot twist. One classmate of mine even suggested that the dragon could have been Remington! I can't really recall all of our individual comments (we're a class of fifteen and we got really excited, haha).
I've asked for the dirty details about Beneath the Acacia after their discussion is done, and I even had the temerity to ask if could sit-in in a future class (if they let me in, I must, must find the time). I'm looking very much forward to receiving the next email about this. Hoo hah!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, hoo hah talaga. :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Thanks, Sharmaine!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hey, congrats, Kenneth! :D That's so cool. More people reached!

10:23 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Yeah! When I first found out I felt so pumped! Of course, being an old man, I couldn't sustain the energy, but it was a good moment.

They invited me to sit-in next week too! I'm doing everything I can to make the time to go. I'll post about it soon. Even vaguely if they won't let me reveal their identities or the venue.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home