Thursday, October 04, 2007

What Book Are You?



You're Ulysses!

by James Joyce

Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared
to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do
understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once
brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in
the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you
additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.
Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.

Good grief! Ulysses! That's one book I can't get far through, so you can imagine my surprise when that came up. I tried to vary my answers, came up with other titles like Alice In Wonderland, Lolita, and The Mists Of Avalon, but none of those answers were as honest as the first time I went through the questions. And lo and behold...I get James Joyce!

"Brilliant and repugnant" at the same time? I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

And a "Greek folk hero"? I always saw myself as one of the side characters, like the shepherd, the oracle, the soothsayer, or something like that. You get to see how the story plays out without risking getting killed in the adventure (then you can write about it afterward). Let me put it another way: if I were a character in the Batman comic, I think I'd like to be Alfred, his butler! You get to stay home (in a mansion with all the luxurious accoutrements, no less); work only when the boss is home (which is rare); and you get to complain about his insane activities to his face too. And chances are that mansion is going to have a well-stocked library also.

Naah. We shouldn't take this seriously. This is just for fun. Right?

Good luck with your choices, folks! Leave a comment here and let us know what books came out for you!

(I apologize if the font size comes out big on your monitors; for some reason, I can't change the font size from what the Book Quiz gave me to copy-and-paste).

8 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

LOL

9:50 PM  
Blogger bhex said...

oh hey i took this quiz ages ago! i got the catcher in the rye -

You are surrounded by phonies, and boy are you sick of them! In an ongoing struggle to search for a land without phonies, you end up running away from everything, from school to consequences. In this process, you reveal that many people in your life have suffered torments and all you really want to do is catch them as they fall. Perhaps using a baseball mitt. Your biggest fans are infamous psychotics.

...i just can't see how this relates to my personality. although i rather like the idea of being the patron saint of infamous psychotics :P

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohoho. I took it and got:

You're Les Miserables!
by Victor Hugo
One of the best known people in your community, you have become something of a phenomenon. People have sung about you, danced in your honor, created all manner of art in your name. And yet your story is one of failure and despair, with a few brief exceptions. A hopeless romantic, you'll never stop hoping that more good will come from your failings than is ever possible. Beware detectives and prison guards bearing vendettas.

So is the quiz telling me I'm melodramatic? Like it's something I've never known before. XDDD

5:11 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi Charles. LOL nga. What book came out for you?

Hi Bhex. Psychotics? Nakakatakot naman.

Hi Kristel. I salute your being a phenomenon!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Me? Takes those tests? Never! Siddharta. =)

1:08 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hey! I like that book. Good for you!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Don said...

I got Cat's Cradle--which didn't make any sense. Lol

"You believe quite firmly that free will deserted you long ago and far
away. As a result, it's hard to take responsibility for anything. Even though you show
great potential as a leader of a small 3rd world country, the choices are all made ahead
of time. You're rather fond of games involving string. Your fear of nuclear weaponry is
trump"ed only by your fear of ice"

Whats up with that? Lol.

:D

8:04 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi Don. I look forward to your being a leader of this third world country in the future. :)

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home