Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Announcements

Over at Serendipity, K. Osias, author of "The 101st Michael" from PGS2, has a story published, "The River Stone Heart Of Maria Dela Rosa". It's her first piece to be published outside the RP.

Crystal Gail Shangkuan Koo, author of "The Scent Of Spice" also from PGS2, has been busy as well. She has a piece, "The Importance Of Being Useless", printed in the Inquirer. What's more, her poem, "Corridor", which won first prize in the postgraduate poetry category of the University of New South Wales's student literary journal, was made into a short film clip.

Congratulations K. Osias and Crystal!

This has been a pretty good year for Pinoys getting their stuff printed abroad. Kristin Mandigma, K. Osias, Crystal Koo,...even I got lucky. And wait! We shouldn't forget that Nikki Alfar's piece is coming out in Fantasy Magazine before the end of the year! She also has a story, "Beacon", in PGS2. I'll make the announcement here once her story is up.

Here's hoping for even more of the same come 2008!

update: Andrew Drilon blogs that his short comic, "Lines and Spaces", was short-listed for the 2nd Philippine Graphic/Fiction Awards. Congrats, Andrew!

comment: one of my friends--who has this rude penchant for reading over my shoulder, whether I'm at the computer, holding a book, or leafing through a magazine--pointed out just now that the five of us mentioned above all have the letter "K" figuring prominently in our names (Koo, Kristin, Kate, Kenneth); and though Nikki might not have it in capitals, she has two of them, and not just one. He insists I should mention it here, that maybe it's the year of the "K".

(My friend, you're lame, but since I'm nice, and it seems you won't go away till I do it, I'll do as you say. Talk about seeing patterns where there are none. Now please stop reading over my shoulder.)

5 Comments:

Blogger banzai cat said...

Coolness. :-)

I was looking over that site's submission guidelines. Is it a paying site?

2:43 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

I'm not sure, Banzai Cat...

2:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Celestine Trinidad has also been shortlisted for "The Murder of Halimumog", a story that follows through with the Beneath the Acacia characters. ^^v

EK 8 )

10:38 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi ek_kaoru. There are a few more PGS contributors and friends (who may one day be contributors too, I hope) who made it with Celestine. I'm just keeping it close to my chest for now and will make a post about it only if those people make a similar public statement, or if the contest organizers announce it. Has Celestine agreed to a public disclosure of her being short-listed?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, good point. I don't think she'll disagree, but it's okay that you just kept it here without putting it in the main blog.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home