Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Vin Simbulan At Xavier School -- Second Semester



National Book Award winner and writer Vin Simbulan, whom I visited back here, invited me to return to Xavier School in San Juan to meet his new students for the second semester. I met up with his sophomore class yesterday afternoon, and it was most certainly a fun afternoon picking the youngsters' fresh minds for the tales that grab them. This bunch showed an affinity for fantasy-adventure and action tales, no different than when I was their age. I promoted PGS with them, of course, and encouraged them to keep on writing and reading-reading-reading, goals close to my and Vin's hearts. It may be a struggle to get youngsters to lessen their time with their video games, but I think we got through to these students. Thanks for inviting me again, Vin! Next week, I'll meet his juniors class.

(Sorry for the less-sharp photos. I forgot my digicam at home, and had to rely on my cellphone's camera for the shots).

It was also Vin's birthday yesterday. Happy birthday again, Vin!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vin said...

Thanks kyu!

I'm sure my students were inspired by your visit. I appreciate the help in pushing our agenda. Heh heh :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Thanks for having me over yesterday, Vin. See you again next Thursday! And happy birthday again!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home