Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gone To The Hills...

...or to the lead-lined underground bunkers. I haven't decided yet. But I've done my panic-buying and emptied the groceries near my home. Stocked up on canned goods; I'll be living off sardines and corned beef for a while. And potato chips. And nachos. But I didn't get any of that light/diet/zero softdrink ickiness. It's classic for me! Sugar ruuush! If the world ends because of this, at least I'm sure to be hyper. I did get a lot of bug spray and repellent. They say cockroaches are the only sure survivors after doomsday, so I want to be prepared. Wait, does that mean if I survive, I'm a cockroach? Kafka-esque. Cool.

I leave you with these links: end of the world, armageddon, doomsday, nostradamus, the book of revelation, the rapture, Joel Schumacher directs movie for Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

Books! Musn't forget my books!

And just in case you think I'm being serious about all this, I already have a title for tomorrow's blogpost: "Why Are We All Still Here?"

4 Comments:

Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

Don't forget your spare glasses.

(Or, if you'd rather see the video....)

1:02 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Wow! Thank you for these links!

Do you have Venable's short story too?

1:16 PM  
Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

'Fraid not. But the story is best-known in its Twilight Zone form. Here's a link to the audiobook: http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook35278.htm?cache

2:08 PM  
Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

Looks like they just turned on the LHC. First circuit completed 930BST (4:30PM local time). Might want to hold on to those chips for a while longer; the end could still be a ways off....

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home