Thursday, September 04, 2008

Web Leak Makes Writer Put Her Book On Hold

Though I haven't gotten around to picking up and reading any of Stephenie Meyer's books, I know from keeping my ears and eyes open that a lot of people have. Here's some bad news for those who are following the story she's writing: Stephenie Meyer Drops New Book After Web Leak. An excerpt:

Author Stephenie Meyer, writer of the best-selling young adult "Twilight" books, has put the fifth and final installment in the series on hold in protest after a partial draft was posted on the Internet.

"This has been a very upsetting experience for me, but I hope it will at least leave my fans with a better understanding of copyright and the importance of artistic control," wrote Meyer.

"I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on "Midnight Sun," and so it is on hold indefinitely."

Meyer said the draft that was released on the Internet was incomplete with messy and flawed writing but she was making this draft available to everyone to be a fair and because it added a new dimension to the "Twilight" story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home