Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Can't Concentrate

It's noisy where I am. And dusty. Add to that the heat and humidity of a tropical Philippine summer and it's suddenly very uncomfortable where I am.

The neighbors are doing some renovation work, so the sounds of drilling and demolition float here from over the wall, along with clouds of dust and debris. For some reason, the driver of a car with a busted muffler and what sounds like a mistimed engine has chosen to park his vehicle on the street outside the gate; his constant revving of his motor contributes to the cacophony. I have a carpenter or two over to do some woodwork, so sawing and hammering are part of my contribution to the local sound effects. The decibel level is quite high. Strange that I can focus and read in a noisy fast-food joint by a busy street, but I can't shut out these sounds this morning.

I have to put up with this for a while, I think. :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i visit this blog regularly. have been thinking of submitting something to pgs for the past year but there's just a lot of work to do and sometimes dreams need to take a back seat.

if you have a media player or ipod (well i use an ipod touch) there's a program called ambience that plays monotonous sounds that drown out noise outside. you can choose sounds like rain, electric fan, wind, beach, and once its playing pretty soon it's the only sound that registers and you won't hear any other noise.

just a suggestion. might be better to just download some ambience mp3s and play it through the media player.

1:16 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi, Anonymous!

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm willing to try anything, at this point. It's beginning to feel like they're drilling my head and not the cement.

Send in when you're ready! And thank you very much for the support! :D

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home