Monday, March 09, 2009

Watchmen Review By David Dizon

David Dizon of abs-cbnnews.com talks to Vin Simbulan (a contributor whose stories made it to PGS1 and PGS4), and gives his movie review here: 'Watchmen' To Divide Fanboy, Mainstream Audiences.

I count myself in the "mainstream". I haven't read the graphic novel, but I finally have a copy in my hands; Vin lent me his copy last weekend. I'll start on it soon. I don't know what to expect, but everyone says it's a comic classic by Alan Moore. I'll read it with an open mind, and watch it the same way when I have the time.

I bring it up 'coz a lot of PGS readers and contributors are talking excitedly about "Watchmen", and I feel left out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I havent read the actual graphic novel, I cant say how well this movie is comparable to the original. Just considering the movie story, I feel a bit unsatisfied. The characters neither had strong roles to play. I thought that the action scenes would be similar to movie 300, but it was not even 25% near to that! My $20 ticket was a total waste.

10:28 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Thanks for leaving your comment, Paul. Hmm, makes me a bit hesitant to watch the film all of a sudden. I think I'd better bone up on the graphic novel before I try and watch. Thanks again!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home