Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Inscribed May 2009

After Erica Gonzales got "Memos" published in Inscribed last year, another Pinay, Catherine Batac Walder, now has two of her essays published in the same magazine. Her email:

It’s May!
Two of my essays appear on Inscribed’s May issue (a magazine based in Canada). Check out www.inscribed.org, "A Magazine for Writers" Vol. 4, Issue 5 (top right hand corner)
1. Page 5 – an essay about our trip to Iceland last year – and how the country reminded me of the Philippines.
2. Page 19 - an essay that I reworked from an old e-mail to friends – that hour-long tea and chat with Norwegian author Jostein Gaarder (Sophie’s World, The Solitaire Mystery) in September 2005. I thought it was worth sharing though this essay is half of my original transcription.
Thanks to PGS (read about the magazine’s deadline from one of Kyu’s posts).
The second essay is accompanied by an artwork courtesy of my brother. It’s called “Snow Creeping,” inspired by a photo I took while living in Sogn, in Oslo. Mike took the photos for the first essay (though of course I get all the credit :-D).

Congratulations, Catherine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home