Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Bibliophile Stalker Over At SF Signal

Over at SF Signal, The Bibliophile Stalker answers this question: What is going on right now in the international sf/f scene that anglophone readers might be missing out on? An excerpt of his answer.

I think a lot's going on in the global speculative scene right now--but it's natural that we haven't heard of them either because of the language barrier or the cultural barrier.

The field that I'm most familiar with is my own--the Philippines. When it comes to speculative fiction written in English, we have several talented writers. A book I'd like to highlight is Philippine Speculative Fiction (disclosure: I'm one of the contributors) because it features a lot of stunning fiction.

Click here to read the whole article.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The Bibliophile Stalker is doing a yeoman's job in keeping us informed through his blog's updated links about the world of publishing, writing, and authors in speculative fiction, and in pushing the local speculative fiction scene to other countries. Charles in charge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home