Friday, August 14, 2009

Maryanne Moll's Typewriter

I like typewriters, and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one. Writer Maryanne Moll blogs about her typewriter, an Olympia SM-1. An excerpt:

I’m trying not to get intimidated by the recent discovery that I use the same typewriter as William Faulkner used to have, which is an Olympia SM-1 dating back to the late forties. Mine is in a sexy cranberry color, while Faulkner’s, I assume, is black. (Although with writers, one never really knows, and there are no photos of his Olympia SM-1.)

Of course he was also known to use other typewriters, such as the Remington 12 – presumably as his desktop typewriter – and the Underwood Standard Portable – presumably as his portable. I, on the other hand, have noticed that I have twice in my life ended up with Olympias.

Click here to read the rest.

I wonder: Are there any other writers out there, young or not so, who would like to share their experiences with typewriters, good or bad? I'd like to hear your stories about these writing machines.

Incidentally, Maryanne also blogs about the PSF4 launch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Thanks, Kenneth. :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

You're welcome, Maryanne. :)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home