Sunday, January 31, 2010

Writing For Americans Vs. Writing For "Foreigners"

An interesting blog post here (sent in by The Grin Without A Cat) about the writing approach for two cultures, as seen on The World SF News blog: Writing For Americans Vs. Writing For "Foreigners". It's an interesting look at the perspectives of readers, whether they're from the USA or not. An excerpt:

Having spent my childhood in both the U.S. and Israel, I am a man who belongs to both cultures and yet remains an outsider in both. I am an author of – and for – two cultures. When writing a story or a book, I consciously write stories that would easily fit the two different audiences I know. This allows for an interesting perspective, which I hope to explore here: Writing for Americans vs. Writing for Israelis (or, on a wider scale, ‘foreign countries’).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home