Saturday, May 08, 2010

Diana Gabaldon On Writing Fan Fic

Writer Diana Gabaldon shares her thoughts on Fan Fiction And Moral Conundrums. Her blog entry has reached 607 comments! She's very much against fan fiction, by the way. An excerpt:

OK, my position on fan-fic is pretty clear: I think it’s immoral, I _know_ it’s illegal, and it makes me want to barf whenever I’ve inadvertently encountered some of it involving my characters.

Now, if I understand the arguments presented in favor of it, they run like this:

Click here to read her entire entry and the comments.

Update: The original link is gone. Maybe the poster took it down because the comments were getting heated. But here's a link to the cache of her original entry.

2 Comments:

Blogger axilog14 said...

Odd... it looks like the blog entry has disappeared.

Too controversial?

1:54 AM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

@axilog14: Yeah, maybe.

I've updated the link to the poster's original entry (on cache).

Thanks for pointing this out!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home