Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Usok Interview: Yvette Tan

Usok interviews PGS contributor and guest editor Yvette Tan. An excerpt:

Tell us a bit about how you came up with the idea for your story (The Child Abandoned).

I was passing by Sta. Ana one day when I noticed the name of the church near St. Peter School called The Church of Our Lady of the Abandoned, or something like that. I thought it was a sad and beautiful name and that I must use it in a story.

What aspect of the story gave you the most difficulty?

I have a horrible sense of direction, so it’s the geographical parts of the story that gave me the most difficulty. I’ve been to Quiapo several times and until now, I still can’t name streets or remember how to get to places. Of course, that just gives me a reason to visit the place again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home