Sunday, August 01, 2010

"Spider Hunt" at Aurora Wolf

One time, while hanging out with a friend, Vin Simbulan, our talk turned to the traditional fantasy genre. Vin enjoys and loves this genre; it shows in the way he talks about it, and he's written his fair share of these types of stories. In that conversation we had, he asked me if I had written any and if he could read them, and he was surprised when I told him that I had not, at least, not since a bit after graduating from college. "Dared" or "challenged" may be words that are too strong to use, so instead I'll say that Vin encouraged me to try and write a tradfan tale. Not being up-to-date with the genre, I was hesitant, but nonetheless, I tried.

The result of that attempt is a heroic tradfan tale entitled "Spider Hunt", which I'm happy to say was accepted by editor Linda Manning and publisher Michael Pennington of the ezine Aurora Wolf. My grateful, grateful thanks to them for taking the story in.

I know that there are a lot of readers out there who love tradfan as much as Vin does, so I hope the story works the way a tradfan tale should, and doesn't disappoint. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home