Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bloggers' Kapihan

Last Saturday, September 8, 2007, I found myself at the Philippine Science High School, or Pisay, as it's more popularly known, to attend the first Bloggers' Kapihan.

The Bloggers' Kapihan is a get-together organized by Shari Cruz, Ederic Eder, Mong Palatino, and their other blogger friends, with the aims of teaching other Pinoys about, well, blogging; about their right to it, the power of expression they have if they do, and the pitfalls that can come with it. No problem with me, as blogging is writing still, and to understand a blog you have to read it, right?

The speakers at this first Kapihan were Abe Olandres, Victor Villanueva, and Manolo Quezon III, respectively representing tech, personal, and political blogging.

It was an active and interesting afternoon, and the people who attended were really into the open forum, asking some delicate and entertaining questions of the speakers. But why should I tell you about it when you can read about it in the words of the attendees, on their own blogs?

I'm looking forward to future Kapihan's, and I hope I'll still be invited and welcome to attend. I've offered to put the organizers in touch with those writers I know who keep prominent and popular blogs. I hope they take me up on my offer, because if interests of tech, personal, and political blogging had their time of representation, why not reading and writing, the very core of what goes into blogging?

And some further things came out of this, the subject of which I hope I can post about next week, if all goes well. It is my hope that another visit to Pisay in the near future is in the offing for me.

To Shari, Ederic, Mong, and company, thanks very much for inviting me to be a part of your project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home