Friday, September 05, 2008

Mean Blade

A friend, Alice Ty ้„ญ็Žไป, has bought herself a ginunting, a traditional bladed Filipino weapon originating from Negros Occidental. She describes it in detail here.

What an apt name! "Gunting" in Tagalog means "scissors", so when you say "ginunting" it can mean "to cut". Turn this verb into a noun, and you get a killer Filipino sword.

Okay, I've got a character, and now I've got a weapon as a prop. Serendipity is helping me round out a story.

Heh. It just struck me. I'm piecing together a tale ala Clue.

"I think the lady jeepney driver did it in the _______________ with the ginunting!"

Ah, yes. Setting. Let's see what the next few days bring me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angelina said...

It was sorta interesting listening to the exchange between the characters. It's very informative too. Thanks for sharing this with us. It's time to know about 25th island of Greece for more details.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home