Saturday, October 11, 2008

Take The Literary Character Test

Given the bleakness of current events, take this test--The Literary Character Test--to lighten things up. You know, just for fun. My result? I'm...

...Tom Sawyer - Good, Human, Side Thinker. Tom Sawyer is the youth in all of us; his biggest desire is to laugh and play all day, and pure adventure is his biggest vice. His cleverness can get him into plenty of mischief and trouble, but even those who must punish him, must admit that it is also what endears him so much to so many people. He is admired and enjoyed by all, and even when his sense of fun dictates he must take advantage of them, he has a sense of honor and nobility that cannot be denied, even if he tries to stifle it at times.

I wondered which characters were in the test's database, and before I clicked the button for the results I deduced that most of them would come from western classics. I wasn't sure if Paul Atreides, James Bond, or Hazel were in there, though I wouldn't have minded if my results came up Gollum or Ahab. Heck, I'd take Dracula or Frankenstein, even. Macbeth or Hamlet would've been all right (Romeo...not). Tom Sawyer was a surprise. Not being a literary character, I was 100% sure I wouldn't end up as Homer Simpson. Sad.

And what does "Side Thinker" mean? Translated into Filipino, it doesn't sound very good: "tagilid mag-isip"?!?!

Hmm...I think I'll just take it to mean "can think outside of the box".

I blogged about another test--What Book Are You?--one year ago. I ended up with "Ulysses" by James Joyce, which I can't finish or understand, so yeah, I just might be "tagilid mag-isip".

(Or maybe not, given I'm not alone in my difficulty with "Ulysses". Looking at it another way, if I did indeed finish and understand the book, I'd really be "tagilid mag-isip").

Take the test, then share which literary character you are by leaving a comment below!

My thanks to Wandering Star, from whom I got the quiz. She blogged about her results here (she's Sherlock Holmes, by the way).

2 Comments:

Blogger Joseph M. said...

I'm Prospero, dark, human, side-thinker.

1:11 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

@joseph: Whoah! I think that's cooler than my Tom Sawyer result. :)

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home