Tuesday, March 31, 2009

That Burning Sensation

No, not down there.

This just isn't my day. The noise hasn't tapered off, and now I've gone and been all stupid and clumsy and scalded my right hand with hot coffee. Really painful, sore to the touch. Red welts are forming on my fingers, but thankfully no blistering. Now I know how first degree burns look and feel like. Will keep that in mind for future use. Running water helps ease the pain somewhat, but someone here recommended toothpaste, so that's what I'm going to apply next. Or maybe I'll bury my hand in a bowl of ice.

Nope. Not my day. But let's see if I can turn it around. Funny, a certain quote comes to mind right now...

"What you need...is a prostitute!"

Heh. Just kidding. :D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, don't apply toothpaste. the menthol in the toothpaste might actually soothe the burnt part a little but it may also contribute to the burn.

just keep the area clean and dry.

it'll blister if it's really that bad but that's okay just keep it clean and dry. your only real concern would be infection anyway which is really rather low risk for first degree burns.

the most you'll have to handle is the pain which a couple of analgesics should take care of (mefenamic acid, ibuprofen, eterocoxib, tramadol...as long as you don't have allergies for these...)

11:21 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi, Anonymous! Oops. I already applied toothpaste, but at least next time I'll know the right thing to do. The burn is healing now, I'm glad to say. Thanks for your tips!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home