Thursday, January 14, 2010

Back To Xavier, For A While



Thanks to the regular invitations of PGS contributor Vin Simbulan, who is also teaching a creative writing elective at Xavier School in San Juan, I've had the good fortune of meeting young high schoolers from that school every so often, where we all talk about books and reading. I admit to not having regularly blogged about those times, and in fact, I've forgotten to blog and take pics of other students I've met in other schools (like several of Dogberry's classes he had invited me to at AdMU in the past). Forgetful and old, that's me! Above, I've uploaded some photos (the bottom two being the most recent, just last Tuesday, in fact) of Vin's students.

It's always good to meet younger people who are reading stories with fresh eyes and minds, without yet the weight of so many other books read, or so many years lived. I think some of that energy gets transferred to us older folks because their enthusiasm and outlook on stories can be quite infectious. That applies to both high school and college students, and for different reasons, too.

My thanks to my teacher-friends for the invitations, and my apologies for my absent-mindedness in not always remembering to post about my visits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home